DECNOCH: Traders Nexus – Where "Ideas" Converge

I’ve been to a lot of trading events in my life- sometimes as a participant and sometimes as a speaker but Definedge events stand out as one of the most learning experiences every time I attend them. I recently had an opportunity to attend a DECNOCH scheduled on the 18th and 19th of March 2023 and wanted to share my experience with you.

Kudos to the Definedge team for the successful event; year after year.

Hey Prashant, you and your team certainly have the magic to bring over 350 traders under one roof to create confidence and opportunities to fulfil one common dream – trading for a living.




 
Trader is an underrated and stressful profession which is silent from the outside and loud ‘mentally’.

In India, trading is still considered taboo while investing in equity is one of the highest degrees of professionalism.

Coming to the event, I would like to term it as expanding horizons through strategies and knowledge.

The 14 sessions and over 15 experienced speakers explain various strategies which they follow and trade.

There are hits and misses at an event with over 14 sessions, but I won’t criticise the speakers here. I’m a speaker at various events for over a decade and I know the journey from seating on a chair of participants to speaking in front of a 350+ crowd. It takes a lot of pain, hard work, sacrifice and investment of time and money to reach the stage.

I would look at misses as an unlearning process. It may be a hit for some other participants.

I’m not sharing my experience as per speaker or individual sessions. I will share as per the segment of the topics shared.

1.    Point & Figure – The crux of an event

I am disappointed with the way participants are registering and attending the event. I’m sure they must have read about the speakers and topics before making the payments.

As DECNOCH is all about P&F and thanks to the team for regularly updating participants on WhatsApp about the event who have already mailed the link to do homework about P&F, but still Prashant has to be on stage every year to explain the basics of P&F (waste of time). This is my suggestion to all the readers, please do the homework of basics before attending any event as YouTube is flooded with knowledge.

Coming to the sessions on P&F, really impressed with Prashant who teaches new patterns every time you meet him.

The scanners, MAST and TOI tools have been so interesting for traders as it gives you a big picture of the trend.

The concept of affordable entry, anchor column follows through and anchor day has been one of the hits for me. I would say, it is stamped in my brain.

I am a reversal trader and am always fear to trade the continuous trend due to the risk-reward but these patterns seem “daar ke aage jeet hai”

2.    Techno-Funda Approach

This is nothing new for a trader with over 15 years of experience. But……

The seamless transition of the filtering process between Fundamental and Technical through their software of Radar is just the next level. Kudos to the idea and implementation team.

Abhijit Bhate and Prasidh were bang-on with their strategies. I may differ from them on a few fundamental scanners but that’s a personal choice.

Interestingly, I just walked to the support team outside the hall to help me with my fundamental screening. In a few minutes, the stock list was out and the technical strategy explained by Abhijit was ready to be traded.

For many participants, the team sitting outside the presentation hall have an objective of marketing and sales like all other events; not here. I will clap for them as they patiently and politely attended to each and every query for a fruitful experience. The team were on their toes right from 9 am to 7 pm. Three cheers to the support team.

3.    Options Strategies

I may not comment much about these strategies as I am not an options trader. I guess there were around 7-8 sessions on options trading, and everyone was unique.

It was a mix of options buying and selling strategies. Surprisingly, many of us never heard the common word “black Scholes” during these 2-days. I think participants didn’t speak about delta, theta or gamma too. Options traders may criticise but, in the end, everything boils down to the profits.

The strategies explained by various speakers had one thing in common, the trending patterns on Call and Put charts. A standing ovation to Abhijit Phatak for building this culture in India.

As I said, I’m not an options trader, this time was used for networking. This brings me to the last part of the event.

4.    Networking and Sharing Informal Knowledge

It is fun to meet like-minded buddies at an event. This is the only time we all meet and share our ideas and knowledge. And thanks to Definedge, they give us the reason to do so 😊

Jokes apart. Spending 48 hours with 350+ like-minded traders is ocean knowledge for all of us.

We meet old friends and make new friends to discuss strategies and ideas which can fine-tune our trading strategy and shorten our learning curve.

As it is said, “Trading is a lonely business” only if you don’t attend such events.

I believe you make friends which are just a call away to discuss with you. I made over 100 trading buddies which are just a call away to discuss markets.

The only thing I missed in this edition was a session on risk management. It’s a suggestion to Prashant, atleast consider one session on this topic.

Overall, a great learning experience and this may not end without thanking Vinay Shah, the person who always smiles and is ready to help. BTW thanks for Bhakarwadi, Vinay!

Signing off with the quote: “The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.”

 


Popular Posts